Check out Madrid's cultural events in 2024 and take note of the best activities coming to the Spanish capital.
Cultural events in Madrid
In a dynamic city full of culture like Madrid there is something for everyone. From traditional festivities to sports, music and artistic events, you'll never run out of things to do here.
In this article we highlight some of the most outstanding events that Madrid has in store for 2024. Take note of Madrid's cultural events!
Events in Madrid 2024
Popular festivals and events
- San Antón Festivities (12-17 January). The lively San Antón festivities fill the streets of Madrid with processions, pet blessings and activities for the whole family.
- Madrid Carnival (10-14 February). Carnival transforms the city into a huge parade of colour, music and extravagant costumes.
- Semana Santa (24-31 March). This religious festival features solemn processions, sacred music and a reflective atmosphere. A time to immerse yourself in Madrid's cultural and religious tradition.
- San Isidro festivities (15 May). In May, Madrid celebrates its patron saint, San Isidro, with festivals throughout the city, concerts and traditional dances. An opportunity to share in the joy and devotion of the people in the city.
- LGTBIQA+ Pride (late June to early July). Madrid is one of the world's top destinations for LGTB Pride festivities. Parades, concerts and cultural events highlight the importance of inclusion and equality.
- 12 October Parade (12 October). Spain's National Day culminates with the impressive 12th October Parade, a display of armed forces and patriotic events.
Fairs and exhibitions
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (14-18 February; September). Fashion takes centre stage at the Madrid Fashion Week, where emerging and established designers present their most innovative creations.
- PICASSO 1906: The Great Transformation (until 4 March). The exhibition reviews the contribution of the great Pablo Picasso to the birth of modern art at the Reina Sofía Museum.
- Madrid Design Festival (8 February - 17 March). Explore creativity and innovation at the Madrid Design Festival, a showcase of design going from architecture to contemporary art.
- ARCOMadrid (6-10 March). Contemporary art takes over Madrid with an international fair that brings together galleries and artists from around the world.
- Mundo Pizarr (until 7 April). Immerse yourself in the magic of Pixar in an exhibition celebrating the animated masterpieces that have captivated audiences of all ages.
- Madrid Book Fair (31 May - 16 June). One of the most important literary fairs in the Spanish-speaking world, this year celebrates its 83rd edition in El Parque del Retiro.
- Open House Madrid (late September). Discover Madrid's unique architecture with Open House, an event that gives you access to emblematic buildings and allows you to learn about their history and design.
- Madrid Otra Mirada (17-20 October). Madrid Otra Mirada invites you to explore the city from new perspectives, with activities that reveal secret corners and curiosities of the city.
Sport, music and culture
- Mutua Madrid Open (22 April - 5 May). Tennis lovers from all around the world gather at this tournament of the ATP Masters 1000 featuring the best international players.
- World Rugby Sevens Series (June). Madrid becomes the epicentre of rugby with the World Rugby Sevens Series, attracting fans from all over the world for the exciting competition.
- Rio Babel Festival (4-6 July). Musical diversity is celebrated at this festival with dozens of artists from different genres and cultures of Spanish, Latin and international music.
- Mad Cool Festival (11-13 July). Mad Cool Festival has established itself as one of the most important music events in Europe, attracting renowned international bands and artists.
- Veranos de la Villa (July and August). The city fills with music, theatre and outdoor activities in a festival that transforms Madrid into a cultural stage.
- El Mago Pop (16-27 October). The great European illusionist returns to Madrid after his performance on Broadway with a new production.
- JazzMadrid (October-November). The streets of Madrid are alive with JazzMadrid, a festival that showcases the diversity of this musical genre.
- Alegría - Cirque Du Soleil (4 December - 6 January). The Canadian company's most iconic production returns to Madrid to celebrate 25 years since its premiere in Spain.
Explore Madrid's cultural events from The Principal
If you are coming to discover Madrid's cultural and festive scene in 2024, we invite you to stay at our 5-star hotel in Gran Vía, located in one of the most central avenues of the capital.
At The Principal Madrid you will find a luxury urban refuge with an elegant decoration and the most exclusive services. We invite you to visit our Ático restaurant, with a proposal by 2 Michelin-starred chef Ramón Freixa, as well as our rooftop in Madrid, where you can explore an extensive cocktail menu. In the hotel's wellness area you can follow your sports routine or enjoy a relaxing massage or treatment.